THE WELL WOMAN PROJECT IN COLLABORATION WITH PENDLE WOMEN'S FORUM
COMMUNITY ARTS by ZK has been working alongside Pendle Women’s Forum on a project funded by East Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group. The Well Woman Project aims to work with women 45+, predominantly from an Asian heritage, who suffer or are likely to suffer from long term physical or mental illness and/or physical or learning disabilities.
Artist Zaneb Khatun has delivered a series of therapeutic arts and crafts workshops with a key focus on arts for health and well-being in an effort to improve their physical and emotional health and overall quality of life through arts and crafts.
Our Arts and Crafts workshops have covered a range of techniques including watercolour painting, dying fabrics, screen printing, stitch, beading work, card making, drawing and colour workshops, weaving and much more.
By delivering this project we have enabled beneficiaries to:
- Improve their overall health and well being through arts and crafts
- Improve their independence and reduce isolation
- Give them a new interest while meeting new friends
- Stimulate their mind and boost confidence
- Learn new skills and gain new knowledge